Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How the hell do you change burned out bulbs in the gauge cluster on a 95 pathfinder? Do I have to take out the whole dash? I don't have the time to do that, and I really don't want to leave it in the hands of the dealer, who will charge me 3 hours on what hopefully is a small job. Anyone know the details of this procedure? I can't drive at night because I have no gauge lights, and the other lights on the dash work just fine, so I have to get at the back of the cluster either way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Are you sure they are blown?
It seems strange to me that all of the cluster lights would blow at the same time and so early in the life of the truck.

I'm sure you must have but I'll say it anyway. Check the fuse and maybe the rheostat.
Happy hunting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On a related note: Except for a surprise (and unfortunately temporary) appearance a few days ago, the lights for my heater controls haven't worked since I bought my truck (89 King Cab). A friend says hers were intermittent in her '87 Pathfinder, as well... Is this common, and if so, can anyone point me to the culprit?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, I'm not trying to insult your intelligence or anything, but did you check if someone played a trick on you and turned your dimmer all the way low? I did this to my friend and it drove him nuts. If your bulbs are burned out, I think the only way you can change it out is by removing the display. I had to do this on my B210. Pretty messy job.

Metal Thrashing Mad
I'm a madman at the wheel
NFT
"...and watch what you say"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts