Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to tell how high a lift kit is on my wrangler. I know this may seem like a dumb question but we just bought this wrangler and it needs shocks. Also any preferences on which shocks to buy? We usually do weekend off roading nothing to hardcore. Thanks for the help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some lifts are marked on the springs. What about checking with the previuos owners? From my experience it is difficult to just
take a measurement to find your lift.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doug, we need some more info:

Is it a 4cyl or a 6? What size tires, rims? Were the fenders cut? Are there stock shackles?/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

All you really need to do is take of the old shocks, measure them fully extended and at "rest". Go to the parts store for some Rancho 9000's (adjustable) and have 'em pull out the "stock" sized shocks and the 4" extensions. Compare... and there you have it.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
Or, just buy 4" extended shocks, if they don't fit, tell your wife that you now need a 3.5" - 4" lift to fit your new shocks... /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif It works every time!She'll get over it once she sees how high she'll be.... Ummm... are you really a rocket scientist, or just f'ing with the BBS?/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Jon - YJ94
http://www.obsessiveoffroad.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get the RS9000s. We just put a TeraFlex S3T on a TJ and RS9000s....they truly make the vehicle, trust me, get them, they are worth it. We got ours from National Tire and Wheel for like $60 or $65.

-Mike

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 Laramie SLT Sport Plus--5.9L 360, auto, 3.92s, antispin, BFG A/Ts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.