Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to make sure RICK98Z gets this message.There's nothing worse than the government telling people they cant do something they love.In this case ts just a rumor thank God.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for the message. I'm going to look into it. I know that no one wanted to take my Toyota as a trade in here because it was suspension lifted. They said it wouldn't pass inspection because of that, and cops have told me you can't alter a vehicles suspension as well. But I got your private message so I'll be checking with them on the exacts. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bottom of your bumper (F & R) can not exceed 28"
Suspension mods are legal to a point. Tires can not stick out past the fender more than a "Quarter" (the coin) length. No shackle lifts. That's what I found out a while back. That's the law in MD.
Boss

The Boss now allows you to visit his site
http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Maryland Vehicle Safety Admin. said basically,limit 1 lift block ,29.5" from ground to bottom of the frame and I could have sworn they said 36" bumper height but The Boss may be correct and the tire sticking out past fender thing.Thanx for the back up Boss.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, no prob bud.
But, Man, I wish the bumper height could be 36"!! But, unfortunately it's 28". I called the MVA about a year ago and asked. It took them a while and I got transfered to many places, and then finally talked to a sheriff. He told me that no more than 28" from bottom of bumper. He also said susp lift and body lift combo is legal, but no more than 3" body lift.
But with all this said, most cops around here either don't give a damn, or they just don't know what the law is regarding lifts. Inspection is a different story. But after you're through that, go as high as you please :) I've seen some big trucks running around plenty.
Boss

The Boss now allows you to visit his site
http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Theres a guy I see around my area occasionally with a Ford F-250 with 40"s, man its bad-a**ed.A little higher than i plan on goin but SWEET!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.