Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2002 liberty, the speedo is dead. I get the code p0500 for no speed sensor signal. I replaced the input and output speed sensors on the transmission. No help. I checked the wiring from the sensors to the TCM and they are fine, not open or shorted. I signed up for ALLDATA and found the troubleshooting for it and checked the wires from the PCM to the BCM as it said and they were fine. Then it said to check the voltage at the PCM c3 pin 17 and is it more than 4.8v and if so find the short to voltage in the speed sensor circuit. It is 9.2v, but I can not find where the short may be coming from? As I said I checked the wiring from the sensors to the TCM, and from the PCM to BCM. I did an actuator test on the instrument cluster, it tested fine. The voltage is present at the pin even with the junction blocks disconnected from the BCM and the c2 connector disconnected from the BCM leaving just the c1 connector on the BCM. Could the short be in the BCM? And if so, wouldn't the BCM see that? Thanks for any help, not sure where to check next?

· Registered
1,025 Posts
p-0500

p-0500 just means there is a dtc in the tranny controller. I would make certain that the bcm is properly programmed with the "ring and pinion" factor. Also check to see any dtc's in both the tcm and bcm. Whenever the bcm is replaced of flashed updated, the ring and pinion factor must also be re-programmed. If the tranny controller dosn't know the tire size and axle ratio, it can't figure out vehicle speed.

· Registered
1 Posts
no speedo repair

My speedo went out on my o2. searched net and found that the speed sensor wire on the rear diff rubs against another line and cuts the wire.

It is located on top of your diff unplug it and check the wires. If cut ,repair it.
Worked for me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.