Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am the kinda new owner of a 94 4x4 ext. cab v6 xe nissan truck. it has the factory alloy wheels (15x7) with new 31x10.5 bfg's. my question is: can i crank up the torsion bars a bit to level the front with the back without buying an U.C.A. lift? i believe it would only take about an inch. would there be excessive ball joint angles with this kind of setup? i like the tire size, and feel the fender space for that size is perfect in the rear, but a bit low in the front. although "go solid or go home" is tempting, i bought this truck for relief from the highway pounding of my modified 72 jimmy. i think i'll leave this truck pretty much stock. i am not to comfortable with the 2-3 inch U.C.A. concept anyway. without lowering the differential it seems to put a severe angle on the driveshafts and their joints. thanks for any input you have. i love my new (to me) nissan!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may also want to consider up-grading your torsion-bars with some oversized ones from either Automotive Customisers or Nissan Motorsports, which basically are the same ones but Auto.C's are cheaper. The bigger Torsion Bars are stronger, give you more crank-up height and most of all won't sag as often as the OEM bars, which you'll find will have to be adjusted quite often pending on how the truck is used.
Just some food for thought???

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif"Go Solid or Go Home"/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
you know you can reindex the nissan t-bars for the same ride quality. i wouldnt get new t-bars unless you are adding a heavy bumper or winch. or if you like to get airborn (like me) just a cheap mans way out

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anybody know how to reindex the torsion bars. I have my t-bars out right now because i am getting some tranny work done.(can't find anything wrong with the tranny).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts