Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you install longer swaybar links when you installed your lift? I have the stock links with my 2.5" lift and was curious if anyone bothers with lengthening these.

Thanks,

85 CJ7-4.2L,T-176,D300,2.5"lift,32"BFG MT,Durabak,York-Air,HEI

G

·
I have JKS disconnects, they are for 2-6" of lift, on my 85 CJ-7 with 2.5" suspension lift. I think at 2.5" lift, the stock links are OK, they are just a pain to disconnect when you go wheeling.

Brad
Get active or get locked out, the choice is yours.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
"Swaybars? We don't need no stinking swaybars." I removed mine, never put them back on. I have 4" Superlift and RS9000 shocks, so it's pretty well setup without them. My older brother and his wife also removed them, but their jeeps sway a little on road (like ridin' a greased beach ball down a ski slope)/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif. They have '76 & '79 CJ-5's with OME 2.5" YJ conversion and RS9000's. The TJ is even controllable without the front one, but in the winter we don't take a chance, so we connect it (disconnects anyway). Without it the bumps really disappear on the road.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205/7" Lift/33" Swampers/D44's F&R 4.10's & Lockrights

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Re: sway bar?

Agreed! We don't need no stinkin' swaybars!
When I added my suspension lift I left the sway bars disconnected for a while and never noticed a difference. So I removed all the stuff and sold the disconnects.

Keep on Jeepin'
Scott

G

·
If you ever tow anything you will wish you had the swaybar.

Brad
Get active or get locked out, the choice is yours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.