Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm swapping in a D44 out of a 78 Blazer 1/2 Ton. The passenger side tie rod end is right hand thread and the driver side is a permenantly affixed tie rod end. I am going to use a dodge flatop knuckle and the arms to do over the springs steering. I'd like to use chromoly or DOM tubing for the tie rod and need to find a left hand threaded tie rod end preferably of the same size/dimension/strength as the stock Blazer passenger side one. Do any of you swap gurus have any idea if Dodge or Ford made a left hand threaded half ton or 3/4 ton tie rod end? What about the tie rod end on the draglink of the Blazer? Any chance it's left hand thread?
Thanks,
Sean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
brownbagg,
I want to find a left hand thread tie rod end so that alignment will be simple. Trust me, not all vehicles have a right and left tie rod end. This Chevy D44 definitely has a solid mounted tie rod end on the driver side. Anyone else have this info.?
Sean

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I know that you can buy left hand threaded tie rod ends from 4WD Hardware, not sure if they'll have the size you're looking for
though.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,33's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.