Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got one of my LED retrofit boards put together tonight. So far, I'm pretty happy with the results. Here's a few pictures.
Now, I've got to make a board for the side marker, figure out how to mount them, and come up with a way to light the license plate.

-Derek Schwab
'97 Sidekick Sport
'83 CJ-7

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The brightness seems to be about the same. I'll take a side-by-side pic when I get some mounting brackets fabbed up.

Hey sloop, I deleted the space from the URL. That was weird, the standard syntax for urls is to replace the space with " ", which I did, but the bbs deleted it /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

-Derek Schwab
'97 Sidekick Sport
'83 CJ-7

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Thats pretty cool, now all you gotta do is start making them with designs like a jeep grill, or SWB icon or something so when you press your brakes everyone can see it, but I guess that would be hard since the lense would blur it out...

http://bastroptx4x4.alloffroad.com

G

·
Derek - these are the ones that you figured about $55.00 for a pair? I'm interested when you have things all figured out and get ready to go into "production."

I am a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to keep up /wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif
'85 Cj7,360,TH400,D300,Pro-jection,D44's,M/T's 35's,8274

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, Jungledog, that's them. It'll probably be a couple of weeks before I get everything worked out. My job has been taking away all my Jeep time the last few weeks /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

-Derek Schwab
'97 Sidekick Sport
'83 CJ-7

G

·
Hey that's fine with me. Are you doing the front ones also?Do you want money now for start-up fees?

I am a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to keep up /wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif
'85 Cj7,360,TH400,D300,Pro-jection,D44's,M/T's 35's,8274

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Jungledog, don't send me anything yet, 'cause I don't have a clue when I'll get the done - my schedule's been pretty crazy lately.
I do plan on doing them for the front, but I haven't even worked on that - I've got to find some LEDs the right color.

84CJ, I like the Lite'n Boltz, I may have to get a set of those, how bright are they?

Steve, I've seen the ones for trucks, but do they have boards that fit inside the Jeep lights? The whole idea here is to not change the look of the Jeep (IMO, those little round flush mount ones look bad on a Jeep.)

-Derek Schwab
'97 Sidekick Sport
'83 CJ-7

1 - 11 of 11 Posts