Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking forward to going to this coming Laughlin race, this will be my first time attending and have a few question...Seen pictures of a road crossing where cars are getting some big air, is the course going to be using the road crossing this year and if so could anyone give me directions to this spot and any other good spectator spots. Any info will be very helpful...Thanks...Justin

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
It should still be running through there; it's just the start finish that was moved, if I'm not mistaken.

The turn off should be about a mile or so before you get to the main drag in Laughlin. I think it's Needles Hwy Road, but I'm not sure. You make a right (as you're heading INTO Laughlin) onto a pretty abandoned road and there are two crossings, each about a 1/2 mile apart.

Hope that helps.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif- J.R. -/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif

·
Registered
334 Posts
The road crossing may be closed to everyone this year, partially due to the actions off a Trackside Photographer last year, whom would not heed the requests of BLM.

We'll keep ya posted.

Patrick J. Chicas

Rubicon Media Group, Inc. - Off-Road.com

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Oh, that one... that sucks.
I guess she's just helped out the sport tremendously.
IF she shows up again, and you're around, there should be at least two Metro cops there. If they are the same guys we messed around with two years ago (I was in rescue at the time and we were watching Big Mac on radar -- 98 mph when he hit hard top at the crossing), then they should be able to take care of her with no regrets.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif- J.R. -/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.