Off Roading Forums banner

Lastest Edition - FourWheeler mag?

628 views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
Has anyone else seen that piece of cheese on the front cover? I swear what drives an idiot to built these trailer queens, what an embarassment to the off-road community? Chrome Shocks etc??? You've got to be kidding, where do they find these guy's? Way to much time and money their hands I guess?

Just my little anger-management-momment!

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Remember God forgives "ROCK'S DON'T" /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

See less See more
G
#2 ·
I agree, it makes you want to cry. An Expidition of all things. What do you suppose the cost was for that atrocity? If the guy feels like he needs to throw money at a vehical he sure as hell could sponser me.

G
#3 ·
Sponser! you and me both! I like the idea of going to a solid axle and getting rid of that twin-tractionLESS-beam, but buddy where did your head go after that?

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Remember God forgives "ROCK'S DON'T" /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

#4 ·
has anybody else noticed the magazine's bias toward chrysler?
how many times can the grand cherocrap win this thing?
I am sure it is nice but every year? can you say advertising dollars?
just venting some myself. J.E.E.P. J.ust E.xpect E.very P.roblem

G
#5 ·
DEC 1999 - FourWheeler mag?

I missed the Expedition on the cover, but I have been off-road with the guy who wrote the article about the Xpedition Expedition. He does NOT baby that thing! It has 33" tires and is actually kind of impressive. Granted, he does stay away from the smallest and hardest trails, but he does go on enough trails to inflict damage to the body of the Expedition. At least he is willing to take it off-road and not just pose as one who does!

Tim T.

G
#6 ·
Re: DEC 1999 - FourWheeler mag?

Wow!!!!!!!!
You got me thinking now after that impressive tongue lashing, weather or not were talking about the same truck??? Some of the people I talk with on the early bronco post who live state-side apparently have a completely different cover-page and a few other differences also?
What's your feeling on the pretty yellow "SUB" on the cover of Off-Road, you know the one with the Chrome Shocks, Chrome Steering Linkage, Chrome Shackles, Chrome "DRIVESHAFT" that's a good one and also let's not forget the Tin Plated chrome diff-covers. "ROCKS LOVE THOSE"!!!

Oh well to each his own!

Chris J.

#8 ·
The more chrome the faster it goes!!!? Righhhtttt........

/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gifStraight outta Oregon, land of trees,ocean breeze, and a lotta mud!/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G
#9 ·

Okay...I finally got the Dec issue with the butt ugly trailer queen Expedition on the front cover. But...the article and Expedition(s) that I was referring to were in the further magazine and NOT on the cover. It was 10 Expeditions that went 4 wheeling on the trails of the George Washington National Forest. I've been wheeling several times with the guy that wrote the article. As far as the yellow Sub goes...I have to say "no go showboat!" It is way too high and probably scared to death of dirt as is the green Expedition. I'm not into show only trucks. My idea of a show truck is one that is covered in mud with a poster that says "This truck is used as it was built for. Trailer Queens can go home!"

Tim T.

G
#10 ·

Thankyou sir, I was starting to get a little worried that I might have to resign from the BBS, but it sounds like Home Sweet Home afterall!

So ya got good laugh from that yellow Sub did ya, I have to say it's a reaaaal Beaut??????????????

Chris J.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.