Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to look at that 95 Z71 today. Its dark blue wiht the 60/40 bench seat. It has 32x11.5 BFG At'S on it with Weld wheels. It also has dual flowmasters. The truck itself has 80,000 miles on it and the owner said it runs great. The fourwheel drive works good and the tranny is new. The interior has no rips or burns and the engine bay was pretty good. He said the truck can break teh rear end loose easily with the 32's on there. He wanted 11,900 but he knocked it to 10,000 to sell it. How is this price. It seems damn good to me.Thanks

Mooseykat
85 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O.
32" At's on stock susp.
One hell of an exhaust leak!

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
...so what are you waiting for? why are you talking to us instead of purchasing that truck???? /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

Shorts <-- its not what you think...and don't ask what it is /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Buy it, you'll luuuuuuuv that truck .But like I said before Im just a little bit partial to Chevy's. The toughest longest lasting trucks on/off the road. Not to mention the best looking.GOOD LUCK.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jesus shorts, Im goin tomorrow to take the last drive with my dad, Im definitely into this truck. Guys, it does have a flowmaster, one going in and two going out, how do I tell what series muffler it is, will it be stamped on teh muffler somewhere. Its no big deal, just curious. Thanks, Im sure Ill have some good questions soon. Chevy time!!

Mooseykat
85 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O.
32" At's on stock susp.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
go get it! just bought my 93 ext.cab z-71 box stock 100.ooo mi. on it for 9thou.(looks&runs like new)alot smoother then my 89 bronco.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dont think that it says anywhere what series it is, but if its really loud, its a 40 series. if its quiet, but has a nice low rumble, its a big-block (60 series i think). also, the big blocks are longer than the 40 series. go to flowmasters website and look at the pics to compare size, maybe then you can tell.

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys, took the test drive today, heres the story. The truck runs strong. Only some minor probs. There is a small exhaust leak where the shop didn't fully weld around a pipe near the engine. A shop could fix this cheap right? Also, the AC he said needs charged. He said he usually charges it once a year. This seems like allot to me. He shouldnt have to charge it once a year. Could there be a leak, and if so will this be expensive to fix?? Other than those the only minor things are the cupholders that come out of the dash near the radio dont come out for some WEIRD reason and the tailgate, you have to hold up on teh handle when you shut it. So what do yall think. He wants 10,000 for it. It looks good to me, last opinions? And how do I tell if the 4WD si working correctly. Do I shift into 4HI adn check for the driveshaft moving, is that right?

Mooseykat
85 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O.
32" At's on stock susp.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the exhaust leak isnt a problem - can easily be fixed. the a/c yes there is a leak somewhere. when i bought mine, the guy had to charge it about once a year b/c of a leak and since i never really use the ac, i waited about a year after it quit working (freon level got too low so the compressor wouldnt kick on) before i went to charge it again. well then i found out almost EVERY part of the system is shot and it will cost me $500 to completely rebuild the system myself. not trying to scare you, just letting you know to get it fixed while the problem is still small! as far as the cupholders - who knows probably just something stuck in there. the tailgate - the rods inside the gate might be a little bent or just sticking. try spraying some wd40 in the latches on each side (worked for mine when it did the same thing you described). to test the 4wd i would just go onto a dirt road, put it in 4hi and turn and gas it enough to make sure all 4 tires spin. even if the shaft is moving, something up front (actuator or hubs) could not work so that way you know for sure it works. other than those minor things, sounds like a good truck for a good price

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks a boat load MPHZ71! Told the pops what you said, everythings lookin good. I just gotta sell my damn Bronco now!!! ARGGHHHH!! Anyway, Ill test the 4WD when I go back for a final drive. I like allot of teh little things on this truck such as the 3 powerpoints instead of just one and that cool little light under teh hood on that retractable case. Not used to that and especially not power everything on my 85 Bronco!!! Ahhh, luxury!! LOL The Bilstein shocks are still on teh truck, it ahs 80,000 miles. It rode good though, should I replace em when I get it. Also, any other things to do as soon as I get it.

Mooseykat
85 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O.
32" At's on stock susp.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no problem! good luck selling the bronco, making a smart choice switching to chevy - haha. all my buddies dad will drive is broncos so we always rag on each other about ford vs chevy. i know what you mean about the interior - i love the interior on my dads 95 tahoe. thats why i wish i had a 95 - new interior but still has TBI motor - best of both worlds!! how cool is that little light my buddy has a yota and he was amazed when he saw it last week (when my pully froze /wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif). i would ask him about the shocks - he may have replaced the originals with more bilsteins. no need to replace them till they need it though. as soon as you get it though, i would go through and replace tranny fluid and filter, front diff fluid, rear diff fluid and gasket and grease all front end components. this way, you have a chance to inspect the truck good and make sure everything is in good shape and that it is serviced. you will also have a starting point for further services mileage wise. also, make sure the guy didnt use synthetic oil cause if so you have to keep using it - cant switch back. thats about all i can think of for now... hope you get the truck though!

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Exhaust leak.......No problem
AC....... Could be anything from a leaking line to a bad pump seal - Still no big deal (atleast he was trouthful)
Cupholders.........well that sucks, probably not hard to fix - no biggie
Tailgate.....Make sure it's not bent badly, if not a few adjustments will fix this.
Checking the 4x4 - easy, just go use it in some grass/mud/gravel, and youll know if it works (try to find a loose dirt, or grassy hill).
10,000 sounds like it is a good deal. It really depends on location, is the seller private or dealer, etc.
My 97 1/2 ton 4x4 (not "Z") 5spd. tranny 350vortec skyblue GMC had a 14,900 sticker. After a little playing around and a 1,000 down payment my loan is 11,000. that's 2900 off sticker price. But then again I live in an old farm town that doesn't have a use for anything less than a 3/4 ton (and I know the dealer, so I know what they payed for it).
Enough about my truck, this sounds like happytime for you, go get it. Be sure to fix these little problems early on. I have known people to just live with them until the whole darn truck falls apart. Good luck, I'll bet this is an investment that youll be glad you purchased.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4x4
|\*\..../*/|
|.\*\../*/.|
|..\*\/*/..|
|../*/\*\..|
|./*/..\*\.|
|/*/....\*\|
-----------

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I appreciate my man. Im glad its a Chevy rear end, no more Ford 9inch, I can take the cover off now!!!! YEA Not sure how to do teh front diff though. Thanks, oh yeah, I was lookin on teh Flowmaster site, the only muffler on there that has one going in adn two going out is the 50 series. Is this the 50 series on this truck then. Thanks man, you seem to know allot bout these ol Bowties.

Mooseykat
85 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O.
32" At's on stock susp.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well, front diff is like your 9" im guessing. you cant take the cover off so theres a drain plug and fill plug. with the rear you get to inspect the gears since you have to take off the cover. that wierd that they only show the 50 series having 1in-2out since i know thats not right. i have the 40series with 1in-2out and i think....yes, they offer the 40,50 & 70 series all with dual outlets (just verified myself with the summit catalog). when i bought mine i didnt know much at all but ive learned a TON from working on mine and from this BBS, thats why im so glad to help others b/c of how much ive been helped myself. no matter what type of question you could ever have, theres people on here that can answer it! its great!! /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
wash that thing ounce before you get, take it home and get out a bucket ans soap and water and go to town.

I always find stuff when I wash mine,
Just thought itd be a good idea

The Kid

It never fails, when Im turning wrenches on my truck and something can go wrong, it usaully does

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have flowmaster on my truck (R.I.P. big blue....) and it is a single in, dual out type job. Its a 40 series delta flow. sounds niiiiice. ONE MORE WEEK AND I THINK BIG BLUE WILL BE OUT OF THE SHOP!!!!!

-Ryan S- 1994 Chevy Z-71 TwoTone Navy/Silver, 33in BFG Mud Terrains. Custom Flowmaster Dual Exhaust. K&N system. Custom Kenwood/Rockford Fosgate system, two 12" Rockford HE subs.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
...mooseykat - don't 'Jesus' me....

it sounds like you found a pretty good deal. i'm with the Kid about washing it. that's the first thing i did when i brought it home. i just went to town and cleaned every inch of the truck...that way i knew the ins and outs and boo boos and such.

good luck with the truck

Shorts <-- its not what you think...and don't ask what it is /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks shorts, yeah washing it does let you find out every thing about it. I think thats teh numebr one thing to do. Anyway, Ill be really glad when I get it, I just got to sell my truck. Its runnin good and everything, I just got to get her sold. Im gonna love that nice Silverdao interior. My bronco is a good truck, btu I need somethign newer.

Mooseykat
85 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O.
32" At's on stock susp.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey good luck selling the Ford and with the new truck.You may be able to pull the dach back far enough to see whats hanging up the cupholders.Its held in by clips but be careful prying on them.I dont think you can pull it all the way off without the cup holders being out but I could be wrong.I love those cupholders, they put your coffee in the perfect spot.Anyway, youll have to tilt the steering and move the shifter all the way down.BE CAREFUL around the boot at the end of the shifter or it will rip like mine did when I changed my stereo.Good luck again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ol' mooseykat seems so excited, now i'm excited! oh yes........i remember the day i got mine like it was yesterday. it was like a religious experience for me. well it was actually. i prayed to God that he'd make that truck mine!

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.