Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a month since I got PRK, and thought it time to update any of you that care.
I had 20/20 at the doctors office yesterday. And my night vision is as good as ever.
If anybody has been considering the surgery, definitely look into it. Its changed my life for the better.

· Registered
184 Posts
welcome back to the unimpaired. dont forget to bring some kinda thing from the doctor when ya get your drivers license renewed to get rid of that pesky restriction.

· Registered
97 Posts
Funny that you bring that up... I just went in for my 3 year check up yesterday and I still have 20/15 following my surgery. The doctor even said that if he had a 20/10 line I would probably be able to see that too.. I agree with you, it was the best investment that I have ever made...

· Registered
1,730 Posts
I cannot see crap! I got glasses when I was 14 or so and now I'm 19. I hate'em, look stupid and just plain ERRRRRRRR! My grandpa had it down awhile back, little painful he said and I think he might still have a bright spot in his vision now... I'm still not sold on it... I've been thinking those contacts they use to reshape your eyes.. Because I know if I press gently on my eyelids I can see clearer. Glad it worked for u guys though!

· Registered
682 Posts
Hey Cody,

If yer not ready to try the laser eye stuff just yet, try out some contact lenses, I switched to contacts a couple months ago, and I'm pretty happy with them. I had been wearing glasses for 14 years, ever since I failed the eye test at the DMV. And I, like you, hated the glasses.
Now, I only wear the glasses once in a while in the evening, just to watch TV, but thats it.

JMTCW

· Registered
1,730 Posts
I'm considering it, been about year since my checkup at the eye doctor. Err dont got no insurance now though lol
Besides glasses dont help in the pickin up chicks department lol

· Registered
682 Posts
Yeah, no insurance sucks.....
My contacts were $60 a box, or for 6 contacts, but I got a flyer from Costco the other day, said if I bought 3 boxes, the fourth was free.....so I called up and they're only $30 a box......I fell like calling the place I bought mine and freakin' out
I don't go for eye tests as often as i should, my eyes have really never changed in 15 years.....maybe one eye, just a little, but thats it.

Good luck man.

· Registered
682 Posts
Yup, mine are both different as well, but not much...I've got a stigmatism in both.....she tells me that means my eyes are shaped funny.....my contacts actually have little weights on the bottoms of them, so they stay self-centered.....apparently not a problem on non-stigmatized eyes, but sometimes when I blink, its like autofocus...LOL.
I forget what my sight is, but at my last test with my contacts in, I got better than 20/20, so thats cool.
I could never go back now.

Cheers,

· Registered
1,730 Posts
Odd they never told me what mine was... I belive they said I got a small stigmatism aswell...
Eyes... Can't see with them... Can't see without them...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.