Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all.

My name is Janus Eksteen and I am a new member to this site. I am South african and live in the U.K. I recently bought a 1996 KLX that has a mind of its own. I will be happy to help as far as I can with regards to answering some questions, but my answers might be very far from the truth. Look forward to hearing from you guys....:grin:

I am hoping that one of you guys has got the answer to this riddle.
What is green and only starts when it is nice and warm?
You guessed it. MY KLX!!! :DMy question is why it will not start when it is cold???

I have checked the plug, it has a bright blue spark.
It has got a new battery.
Fueling is no problem.

I only know that it will always start when it is beeing jump started... It had a racing exhaust fitted,tailpipe only, I took that off.

Do any of you have any idea as to why this bike is doing this to me? It ran perfrctly fine untill one day... And now it is very tempramental.

Any advice?

·
Registered
27,817 Posts
This is interesting. 9,000 views of this message in the past year and not a single person has a tip for this guy? Do a lot of people have this same problem, or did they just like the title of the thread?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hard starting klx

I worked as a service manager at a kawi dealer for seven years.I would ck intake valve spec.If it is to tight it will start opening during the comp. stoke not allowing enough comp.to fire engine This starts to show itself when the temp.is could because the cold exaggerates the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts