Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all for the responses on my first question. Now, no laughing but I have the wheel off and there is this plastic dust cover on the end of the axle. How do I get this off, it has been on there since Moses was a baby. Do I twist, pull, pry, what am I going to break? Would the sledge hammer I used on the u-joints be any help?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you are talking about the cover over the end of a Model 20 rear axle, you get it off by getting a good grip on it, now that you've done
that twist it and pull it. If it hasn't been off before, good luck, you may be cutting it off.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

· Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Dear Hit, What you might do is get one of your small hammers and tap circumferentially on the cap...rotate the hub as you give it light blows all around the edge about a half inch away from the open end of the cap. That will help to deform and loosen the cap. Leave the sledge hammer alone until you get a D8 Dozer to work on. Jeeps usually require a little more finesse. /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.