Off Roading Forums banner

kinda OT, but not really: TB spacer

322 views 2 replies 0 participants last post by  JP2LV 
G
#1 ·
i just made a TB spacer in the shop at school about 5 mins. ago! i thought the power aid spacers cost too much so i decided to make one. there is no reason for this post except for me to share my excitment. now i can't wait to get home and install it. if it works like i want it to, i'll be able to make some and sell them to people interested. right now i only have the setup for 2.5L YJ. if anyone has request for other engines, just post the request here, and i'll see what i can do. anyway thanx for letting me share my excitment!

Jon
'95 YJ - '86 Rollbar - 32x11.50 - 4 banger!
Make things as simple as possible, but not simpler!

G
#2 ·
well I never really bought the TB spacer schmeil, but I think they claim that it puts a spin on the airflow.. did you make it spin? or is it just a spacer? Let me know if it actually helps anything out.

What do you do when all your pockets are already emptied?

G
#3 ·
i didn't put the "helix" bore in it, just a straight bore. but once i go home next weekend i'll be able to install it and tell you if it actually does any good. if it doesn't help in power or anything, i can always turn it into a manifold for attaching my axle vent lines in case of deep water crossings.

Jon
'95 YJ - '86 Rollbar - 32x11.50 - 4 banger!
Make things as simple as possible, but not simpler!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.