Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, I got home last night and looked at my kickdown. At WOT, the pin hit the rail and moved it about 1/4 of its full travel. I loosen the two bolts in an effort to adjust the length, but it did very little. I assume at WOT the kickdown lever should travel as far as it can right? How do I adjust it? I looked in the Chiltons, and the linkage looks correct. Oh yeah...the spring is not on the end of the loop, but kind of coming up from the bellhousing area to the loop. Should the spring be on the end of the loop to somewhere around the EGR?

'84 CJ-7, 4.2, 3.5" Lift, 31's, YJ tub, TR upgrade, Moser 1 piece, LED's.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
I havent adjusted one in so long I can barely picture it in my head, but the basic Jist of it is:

instead of pushing 1/4 at WOT, make it move 1/2 at WOT, and 1/4 at 50% throttle, or somewhere around in there, so it will stay in 1st and second longer and have more pressure ( firmer) shifts

IM sorry i cant explain this better, Ive never done exaclty how the manual suggests, since It always felt better to me quite a bit tighter than the factory setting, I just adjust/drive adjust/drive/adjust ( you get the idea)

OzarkJeep

"Bare foot girls, dancing in the moon light..."

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
Well, I'd agree with Ozark Jeep, but something seems a little fishy. Try the manual's adjustment first... send me an Email.. and I'll send an attached manual page back describing the adjsutment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts