Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,631 Posts
I had a serious all day run yesterday.. There was this lake draining into this thing that turnes into a river, there useto be a bridge but they took it out. I had to get accross so we could meet up with some people and catch and eat fish, and becuase i had the biggest truck i was choosen to go acorsss. theres a little island there a bridge support was (ill send a drawing later), and there were some rocks there. A strap was secured on a rock, and the winch was ran on a snatch block, onto my truck, so it would pull me to the little island. I started driving in, water was getting deep, it was a few feet deep at least. ONce i got in the very fast rushing water, my truck started floating and the current was trying to pull me out. The rock on the island came loose so i got pulled out a bit moe The back of my truck was floating sortof over this big drop off and the front was on the rocks facing the deep rushing water. he kept winching trying not to let the cable get loose, But now he was winching on an angle, the current was pushing me backwards so it was going sideways LOTS, so much it just about rolled. He had to back up and realign becuase he didnt have a roller fairlead and would screw his cable, This didnt do that much, but my truck shifted around. We had to put a come along on the side so it would stay level. once he realigned he winched me back out over theese bigass rocks. To get an idea how deep the water was, i was soaked nearley up to my neck, and the water a bit up the dash in the front, the whole assend was totally under water. I got pictures and video of it too!!!

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Going to find somone on the BBS who can help me out.. whoever has the hardware and software for their computer to do that stuff. Ill have the pix in a week, there in my friend's camera. Go on Yahoo Ppillard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.