Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a couple offroad lights with just the stock sammi alternator? I want to mount a pair of daylighters to the zuke. Any thoughts?
Thanks,

John
87 suzuski samurai

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can run things on a stock alt?
=)

Neal the Zukiguy

"If it is '... a Jeep thing...' I hope it isn't contagious"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the 105 gm alt sitting in the garage now. Haven't gotten around to fab'ing the mounting brackets yet. If you have any diagrams, I sure could use them. I'm using the 1.3 engine, but am using the AC as an air compressor, so I have to use the existing alt setup somehow. Don't wanna lose my air compressor.

Neal the Zukiguy

"If it is '...a Jeep thing...' I hope it isn't contagious"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dparker is right stock alternator is small, You may want
consider upgrade i installed 140 amp GM about 4 month ago
after my little Zuk Nippo alt died. Cost wise a special
wound high output GM was cheaper than stock replacement.
You may also want add extra idle up when you turn KC
off road lights on see diagram.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
that last one was when i frist made it i welded the brakets to far in and had to cut them back off and reweld them bascilly you weld the first monuting post flush to the outside of the braket . whaen you start doing it you will see what im talking about .you can get the wiring off the izook site http://www.izook.com/tech/gm100alt/100ampalt.htm

RUN IN TO YOU LATER

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i think anton can make some for some $ so that will help em out with spending costs at the melt. might wanna talk to him... if he ever gets on here!

~GooT~
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Do not drink and park, accidents cause people.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks very nice! thanks. Now that is the 55amp alt pulley or did you create one? The GM pulley doesn't seem to be that much larger.

Neal the Zukiguy

"If it is '..a Jeep thing..." I hope it isn't contagious"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks "y'all" for the info. Now I can start "fix'n" up my zuke. "You guys"are the 'bestess" /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

John
87 suzuski samurai

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.