Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
I have both too. But I use the stock box because the open element kept getting wet/dirty more frequently, and I was afraid that I would get water in my intake. Also as has been said that you acutally lose the benifit of the K & N because your sucking up all the hot engine air. If you want the performance of the open element, you'd have to use it on a dry day outside of the compartment. I though about doing this for the cruises I go on, but don't really want to cut any holes anywhere. I have the same set-up as you do. 90XLT with 5.8. I put an Accel 300+ Digital Ingnition System on Runs good although I have noticed a rougher idle from unplugging the digital system and just running the coil, but my MPG is around 14-18.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Re: Ram -Air

I did do it down by the bumper and seemed to give a little more umph but not good for water or mud. I want to put mine up where the hood meets the cowl so i can keep it for mud. Just havent figured out how to do it with little or no cutting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.