Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
well since you alread have the fipk, if you could run some big ol pvc to the front bumper or somehwere else that can give you a ram-air effect you'd probably make it worth your time, though a ram air intake on the stock box with a k&n in the box should work just as well. i'm about to start experimenting with just such a setup under my bumper to see if it helps the highway power at all, which is starting to feel like a 22re is under the hood.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
has anybody ever investigated making a mini snorkel ram air thing similar to the hummers, that cuts into the firewall and comes up through the valence panel there by the wipers? it seems fairly roomy there, and if it only came up a couple inches it wouldn't obstruct view either. there is probably not room for a 5" pvc pipe but i bet a ~3"x8" intake similar to the stock one could fit there. i'll look at it tonight... real snorkles look goofy but they are the best on/off road intake design... i dont stay in hood deep water much any more though so a roof-high intake is really unneccessary.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Re: Ram Air

i just remembered my old intake idea that i never really drew up, but seems reasonable... cut a hole either in the hood near the windshield or in that valance panel and put a threaded pipe with o-ring from the airbox approx flush with the hood surface. then you could have a scoop about the size of the stock one that sits right at the hood level for street use, then you could unscrew it and put on a 2, 3, 10 foot tall snorkel intake when you lock in your hubs. whatcha think? ideally i could put it in the valance because i wouldnt need a flexible line for hood movement, but i think both ways would look ok, especially if the street intake was painted to match the hood
nobody can see up over my hood anyway

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.