Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking over the engine last night and noticed that the filter that came with the mpi kit had a hole rubbed in it. Has anyone with the MPI kit gotten a bigger K&N filter? If so could you tell me aobut the results, part numbers, etc...It would keep me from opening up all of the boxes at my local auto parts store and geting dirty looks from the employees.
Thanks in advance,

Robert87yj/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif
4.2 w/(4.0 head & MPI)
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
- Thomas Alva Edison

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Robert,

One of the MPI installs I've done, the customer, at my urging went to the u-pull it and took the airbox that mounts to the drivers fender, mounting bracket and all associated hoses from an I-6 jeep and mounted it so it looks just like stock. If you still had your mind set on using the k and n product you can get a flat k and n filter to use in the airbox, also this will keep your engine from sucking in all the grub and grime being blown around under the hood and if you hook it up to the flange on the core support it will be sucking cooler air from the front of the jeep and this in turn alone will make it run better in the summer and winter, hope this helps out.

Bird

1 - 2 of 2 Posts