Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just me, or do BDS\'s instructions suck??

I just tore into this kit. I looks to be realy cool and complete, but the instructions leave a lot to be desired! I know where everything goes, but I can't help but think about someone who doesn't.

They give you this really scary bag containing hundreds of nuts, washers, sleeves, shims, and bushings, with nothing to tell you where to put them. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

One of the first paragraphs on the instruction sheet says to buy an FSM and read it to get the old stuff off! /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

Then you start reading the thing. The part about dropping the T-case reads "Insert spacers and install new hardware, Torque to 40-50 ft-lb" - The picture clearly shows an IMPACT on the skid plate bolts! /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif
Please note that the spacers are installed in the picture, so the guy's not removing the old bolts. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

It just goes on and on . . .
Otherwise, my first impression of the kit is good, I can't wait to get it installed.

-Derek Schwab
'97 Sidekick Sport
'83 CJ-7

G

·
Re: Just me, or do BDS\'s instructions suck??

That's the way mine were for my Rough Country lift. I guess they just figure anyone putting a suspension lift on by themselves is pretty experienced already, and won't need to even look at the instructions too much. I just did mine by the seat of my pants. Not the safest or smartest way to go, but I learned a lot and am happy I did it.

Blake
93 YJ/4.0L/33x12.50s/D30 front/D35 rear/NP231/AX-15/3" Rough Country suspension/1.25" shackles

1 - 2 of 2 Posts