Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought four BFGoodrich All-Terrains 235/75R15 w/ less than 5000 miles mounted on the nice '89 Wrangler rims plus a brand new Goodyear Wrangler spare on the same rims.... all for $150.

The tread is 13/32" deep, still over 30k left I would say. They're going on my Cherokee to replace the 225/75R15's when they wear out. I can't wait. I still have another 5000 or more to go on my present ones though.

The joys of Ebay... well, I guess you get some good deals, and other times you lose.

-Jay
Denver, CO
1978 CJ-5 258 Weber, 'glass body

Attachments

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I just got some tires for the Zuki as well. Similarly, you have to be ready when an opportunity arises.

I have some 29x8.5" Swampers on the Zuki (yes, they are cute), and wanted to go to 32x9.5's. SCRAM had some fairly new 32x9.5's and wanted to go to 34x9.5's. Well, a friend of his is selling his 34's to go to 36's, so the chain reaction started.

Zukinut is buying mine, I am buying SCRAM's, Scram is buying the other guy's, and that guy is getting the 36's. So in a matter of only a few hours 4 sets of Swampers have changed hands.

Yep, when opportunity knocks, open the door quick.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the full steel factory hard top from a 1967 CJ-5 that I bought through Ebay last month. Everything is in great shape and original with the exception of a door handle that was fabricated but still looks good. Glass was good and all hardware included. $50. I'm in the process of trading it for a set of BFG 33x12.50 MT's for my 78 CJ-5.

-Jay
Denver, CO
1978 CJ-5 258 Weber, 'glass body

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
what kind of hard top do you have for the CJ?? Any pictures. I have door handle hardware and roll down window stuff to get rid of.

Dan Stewart 1963 CJ5 "Caloosa Jeepers" member

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got the option for a set of 30 X 9.5 Wrangler GSA's - 4 for $60. They've got about 60% left on them. Should I take it? They'd go on the ZJ - I've got BFG AT's on there now, but two are worn from a suspension problem a while back. I'm not to fond of the Wranglers, but 4 tires for $60! That'd at least hold me over until I can get gears, lift and 31's. What do y'all think?

canis
'82 CJ-7/360/727/D300/cobra, M.O.R.E. shackles, 1/2" steel bumper, 1" body lift and lots of ideas!

'96 ZJ - 4.0L/42re/np242/optima/cobra and other goodies

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.