Off Roading Forums banner

Just got 2' of SNOW

397 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  SteveInColorado 
#1 ·
Just got 2\' of SNOW

Snow and blowing snow here in S.D.
The interstate is closed as well as the Air Base.
Of course the Commando is is half a million pieces as I've just started the build.
My 63 PowerWagon has the chains and plow on, CJ has a burnt cluch but still goes and of course the XJ is ready to go so I'll have some fun in the snow one way or the other. Probably just plow the drive and road then get some work done on the Jeepster.

Cheers, Al

#4 ·
Re: Just got 2\' of SNOW

The storm last week dropped 3 foot, got an inch last night and today about 8 more inches. I guess it's still snowing now but I'm not going to look out the window till morning. My lawn has about 7 foot on it now. I haven't had to be out in it except to play with the grandkids, so it's nice.
I thought it was a hell of a storm until I seen you Eastern fellas getting ready for 50MPH winds.

#7 ·
#9 ·
Re: Just got 2\' of SNOW

The LOW here today was 56
. We didn't get snow, but it sure did rain here. It was blowing straight sideways Sunday morning, but still managed to dump 6 inches of water all over my yard (The CJ5 sunk another couple inches).
It DID dump snow here a couple weeks ago- only time this year- on the first day of my vacation. I had to drive 250 miles on snow-packed highways dodging Texans that had never seen the stuff before I got out of it.

Steve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.