Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I busted my track-bar this weekend, too! /wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif (The tie-rods are bent on the driver side). Thankfully, it didn't completely break while on the trail, or the ride home!!!! /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif! I'll be replacing it before I drive again (bye-BYE Trac-Loc!)/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif...

Who sells JKS telescoping track-bars?? How much better are they than stock? Is it worth the extra 80-100???

Next time, I'll pick my lines more carfully!/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

Jon-YJ94
I'd rather be...
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would check out mountain off-roads (M.O.R.E.) track bar I beleive it is less expensive then the JKS and from personal experiance I know it is a quality piece. it can be purchased from the factory or I know rubicon express sells them at a good price

Jeff
'83 Toyota long bed
"look Ma no doors!"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I made mine. I unbolted the part near the axle. Used a slightly longer bolt than stock. Drilled a hole in the end to place a cotter key through. On the head of the bolt I welded a nut (sideways) so it will act like a pull ring. Now when I go off road I just pull out the cotter key, pull out the bolt, and use a small bungee cord to secure it up out of the way. This all cost under $10

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wait... that's not the right part. Can't be.

What I bent is the rod that attaches the two front wheels together, so the tires track together... the steering dampener attaches to it... the ends attach to the A arm...

Jon-YJ94
I'd rather be...
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jon- Are you talking about the tie rod? What does the part do that you broke?
1. Keep both tires pointed the same way
2. Locate the axle under the frame
3. Provide a convient part to break on big rocks
4. None of the above

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey John,

Yes, #1 and 3... /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
I know it's not the trackbar (duh! - just another part I was trying to justify...)/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

I think I'll be able to just replace the tie-rod at the end that attaches to the A arm... (behind the rotors)... but is it righty or lefty???? /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Jon-YJ94
I'd rather be...
[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.