Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 96 banshee w/lrd pipes,pro design air kit (no air box lid),boysen dual stage reeds,reed spacer kit and a boost bottle. i an having trouble with the bottom end it boggs. the main jets are 300's and the needles are set one down from the middle the piolets are #25's.does anyone know where i shold go with my jetting i think its starving for fuel on the bottom? i live in ny so iam at about sea level

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well have u done a plug check on your bike after the engine has been worked ??
if not run the bike thru all the gears ..get the motar hot pull a plug and check the colour it should be a brown/tan colour if the plug is black u r running too rich...if it is a silver colour this is too lean but remember if it is silver the motor will seize so be careful put your needle back to the middle position #3 and work from there so if rich lean the main jet then if u wish then u can start playing with the needle but remember if u drop the needle u r leaning the engine what is your gas/oil mix ??? try running if u r not already a 32:1 ratio

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would get 32.5 pilot jets, and step up to about 320-330 Main jets. try that and let us all know what happens.

When i had stock bore and cyliners with pipes, pro design mount with KN filter no [email protected] level, i ran 300 main and it was awesome. I got it ported, .020" pistons, milled head and im running 380 mains now.

-cleartoy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.