Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if they make Jet Chips for jeeps with 2.5L, i know they do for the 4.0L but do they for the 2.5L?
Thanks!

(\/)ikey 1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've never found one, however, If you can find a good local shop, you can have the use their computer to retune yours with the same effect as a Jet chip only a little cheaper.I'm haveing mine done as soon as the shop I work at gets a slow day again. I'll post an update when I have it done.

Nick Hagen
1995 Wrangler
33" Mud Tires and a four banger

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool let us know how it turns out and what ya did!

(\/)ikey 1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I wouldn't waste the money on a jet chip. '95 and '96's have completely different pcm's. A '95 uses a sbec, and a '96 up uses a jtec. Jeeps already push performance to the limit with their factory program. Someplace out there is a article that used to be on a 4 bangers united website that used a 4.0 throttle plate on a 2.5 which worked great at high altitude. Junk yard performance that worked.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Agree don't waste the money

Best bang for your buck on a 2.5 is to get a 4.0 throttle body and replace the 2.5. You need to swap the sensors but it is still a easy swap.

I bought a crapload of preformance mods for my 2.5 and in the end the only thing I kept was the 4.0 throttle body.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.