Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I going to be doing a swap for a Wrangler tub and I want to use the YJ dash and heater. My concern is the wiring harness for the dash and engine.What about the lights and wipers? Any tips or things I should look out for ? Any problems you ran into? I alreay have a late model harness from a '84 hooked up to my 304. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I'm honestly not sure what snags you'll run into. My dash, wiring harness, and engine all came together so I figured I'd just run with it and save the fancy custom dash stuff for later. I know that at some point in the '90's between '91 and '93 they eliminted the speedo cable, so if your YJ dash is of that vintage, you'll need to hook-up a VSS in place of your speedo cable hook-up on the t-case. The YJ uses a 5-wire wiper motor. You might honestly be better off retaining nothing more than the speedo & tach at the most and replacing the gauge cluster with real aftermarket gauges. I may have some OLD e-mail saved from back in my AOL days from a guy who gave me some pointers on how he did his (he had light purple 'Scrangler' that had been featured in one of the 4WD mags several years ago), but I'll have to re-install AOL on my PC in order to search for it. I do remember that he used aftermarket gauges and rigged up some toggle switches for some of the functions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeepskate. If you can find any of those old emails shoot me an email. I'll leave you a private message with my email address. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
YJ has a wiper control on the column - if you're not using a YJ column, you will need to find a place for your existing wiper switch - I think that would be easiest. If you use a YJ column, you've got a wiper swirch. Also high beam switch is on the wiper switch on the column on a YJ, but you could probably mount the CJ one to the floor of the tub. Otherwise, heater connections, lights switch, etc, should be pretty easy.

Good luck
Pete

88YJ,4"susp,33"BFGMTs,9000#winch, hm swing out TC/HL mount ,258,999,4.10,weber32/36,GMHEI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.