Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeepn,
I too dont have the money to cut down the axles on my jeep and I want to go with the wrangler type springs on the out side of the frame for maor stability. Do you or can you post a picture of what you spring mounts look like? I cant weld yet but my neighbor does it for a living and is all to willing to help me out. I have an idea of what they should look like, so I just want to compare.
From one shade tree mechanic to another, Thanks.

Cut to shape, hammer to fit, paint to match /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
Project '51 willy's total rebuild /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. That was almost what I was thinking. I was thinking of welding the mount to the frame but in retrospect that probably would have been a bad thing. I was told the welding vertically on the frame causes a weak spot for craking.
thanks again for the info.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you post that writeup here in the forum, or at least file a copy my way? I'
m doing this also, and had my own idea about it, but would definately like some info on what's working...

I forget if you've said before, so I hope you don't mind my asking...
Do you daily drive or even occasionally drive on the street? How does it handle? Would I have any concerns doing it one way vs. another?

Thanks in advance, and please answer as much as u can? /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Florida Mud CJ-5
'77 RB304, t-150 D20 4" 35" swampers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He sent me the write up on this. Very cool. It was pretty much what I thought, only instead of welding the mounts to the frame they are bolted. Which makes sense. I dont want any more "stress points" in the frame than I need. Welding takes the carbon out of the metal and it can crack. Dont want that. If you dont get it, I can send it to you.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I sent it via private E-mail. It's on Word (IBM) and I don't know how to load it to the web with the pictures. Maybe I can get my brother (computer geek but fellow jeeper) to do it for me this weekend.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205/7" Lift/33" Swampers/D44's F&R 4.10's & Lockrights

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can some one send it to me too?

I am putting uncut Scout 44s in my CJ.

Thanks
Mark F

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll get this one for ya JEEP'N. It's the least I could do for the info you gave me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.