Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand this is the Short Wheelbase Forum, but you all come highley reccomended. I am currently adapting an 84 cherokee to fit on a 75 J20 frame and running gear. the electrical wireing has me stumped and I am thinking about using as much ford stuff as I can, but do not know where to start. The frame has the original 360 with all the associated ignition items.
Any help at all will be greatly appreciated, even if it is just a hearty laugh.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
what part of the wiring is getting you stumped? engine bay? interior? lights? give us a direction to go... the 75 360 and rest of its drivetrain.. well the engine bay should be quite easy.. the interior harness will be the bear of it.. forget about those sensors.. the bells and whistles.. no need for that crap.. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif.. i love ripping stuff out when not needed.. /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif..
give us a little more detail.. on what has you stumped.. and what you want to do with it.. meaning what do you want to use or to work...

http://www.jeepgod.net

84 CJ-7 401/T-18/D20/D44/D60w/4.10&Detriots/YJ frame & tub/35x16x15 Boggers
survival is instinct, but living takes guts

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mainly it is engine bay. Like you said, I don't really care about all the sensors and junk, but without a wireing diagram, I am shooting in the dark as to which wires to splice from the cherokee to the J20. I was real carefull to un-hook and un plug as opposed to just slashing the wires when I took both apart, but I did not disassemble the cherokee so I do not know which wires are ignition.

know of anywhere I can get a wiring diagram? I have a Haynes and Chiltons and they both only have generic diagrams, not very specific.

Also I saw (and saved) a post ov someone changing over to a newer ford distributor and ignition module from a ford into a six cylinder jeep, is this a possibility? Is there a distributor from ford that would possibly fit the 360?

gotta say it again, thanks for the help!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as the ignition stuff you are talking about, goto this page, http://www.swbbbs.freeservers.com/teamrush.htm, and you should find what you are looking for. Affectionately known here as the TR Upgrade, after Team Rush, who came up with the concept. There is also some good tech info on that site that might be of help to you. Keep us posted as to your progress and good luck.

G-Man
If you don't like the way I'm living, you can just leave this long-haired country boy alone.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Check out Ignition Woes for the ignition system. Just substitute a V-8 cap and rotor for the I-6 one. You can keep your distributor too. You can skip the factory wiring if you like and just splice into whatever wires get it done. I'll likely be rigging up my Wrangler like this very soon... I did the cut-and-slash method of eliminated all the uneeded (and a few needed) wiring and miscellaneous crap under the hood....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.