Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the years I have pulled a lot of people out of the ditch. Some in cars some in trucks and even a few 4x4's. Elusive and I even use to drive around in bad storms looking for people. Until yesterday the strangest or funniest story I remember was pulling the same vehicle out of the ditch 3 times in 20 minutes in less then a 100 yards of road.

Well yesterday I was on my way back home and noticed two snowmobiles and their drivers sitting along the road in the ditch. No big deal it looked like they were taking a brake. After grabbing some stuff from the house I headed back out. About 45 minutes later. Well as I came up to the area were the snowmobiles were. I noticed that they were still sitting there and the drivers looked a little upset. So I pulled over expecting to hear that they were having mechanical problems or ran out of gas or something. Instead I hear " We got our sleds stuck in the snow!!!" I asked if they wanted me to pull them out and they said how are you going to get close enough. I then put it in 4WD and pulled up next to them in the ditch pulled the snatch strap out and told them to hook up their end. A minute later and one more trip into the ditch later both sleds were safely out of the snow! I apologized for messing up that little portion of the trail and told them to ride safe and have fun on the street. They offered me money and I told them that just the fact that I got to pull snowmobiles out of the snow was payment enough.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I paid for being cocky!!! Last night I watched the guy in front of me go into the ditch while going down the interstate at about 60mph. He was driving a Toyota and pulling a trailer with a sled on it. It was a rather nice entry into the ditch with perfect form I still give him a 10!!! Well I pulled over to make sure he was all right and after talking to him for a few minutes I went to leave. Well the Dully on the passenger side did not want to come back onto the road. There was about a 6" lip on the side of the road and even with the 1ton in 4wheel drive I could not get enough traction to get in up that bump. Well getting frustrated I backed up a little and hammered it. Next thing I know the backed of the truck is sliding further into the ditch.

Well luck would have it that at that time a State Trooper pulled up. I got out to talk to him still in my work cloths (Correctional Lt.) and he says as long as there are no vehicles coming give it a couple more tries. Needles to say after a minute or 2 I was all the way into the ditch. At that time one of my buddies from the prison pulls up. The Trooper asked him if he had a strap and let him pull me out on the interstate!!! That's unheard of here. When we got out to thank him he simply said that one $200 tow should be enough for the tow truck driver that was coming.

The only saving grace was this was my F350 and not a Jeep!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.