Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Finally a real fullsize Jeep. IMO Grand Cherokee doesn't count as fullsize...my wifes Montero has more room.

Lets hope the engineers at DC did a better job with this than my Dakota...what a pos that truck of mine is

If they sell it for anything close to reasonable price I will be at the dealer when they deliver.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Daaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Sign me up! Big boxy ugly just whay a jeep should look like. Those tires have to rub you got to dig those tractor rims. Man I hope they make that. Oh yeah can you say H2 wannabe

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just kinda scaling out the drawing, (not a picture), doesn't appear to be any wider than a Grand Cherokee, just a re-bodied Dodge 1-ton running gear??

Still looks good though.

Have you looked at the new Studebaker (Avanti motors), another Hummer look alike built on Ford running gear???

·
Registered
514 Posts
now was that SO hard? I like the KJ, for it's purpose, but THIS rocks. Throw in a set of ARBs and a camping trailer and I bet my GF will even go along (probably comfy inside, and there's NOTHIING wrong with that if it doesn't compromise the ability).
Michael

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Saw a Liberty that was all decked out in OFF ROAD mag this month, I allways thought they were weenie, but this one rocked. Anybody else see that one. Page 24 of OFF Road in the March 2004 issue
Dana 60s
Atlas 5.1
35" bfgs
3 link front
4link rear
and a bitchen paint job

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm not rushing out to buy one, but I do kinda like it...

It looks a bit like a Land Rover, and a lot like an H2.

I think if they made a removeable hardtop & soft top for it, they might be on to something. I mean, nobody's done that before, right?

G

·
If you scroll the pic down to where you only see the top of the fenders down to the ground it kind of looks like a Jeepster. That's cool enough I might trade both the Jeepster and the GC in for one.
Maybe if everyone writes DC asking for this one they might just put it into production.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Sign me up, too!
As for the other end of the spectrum...I saw this in the Jan. Road & Track. 3 passenger, fuel cell drive, electric motor, mountain bike hauler...Is this where DC is heading?
Named it the 'Jeep Treo"...

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
The Wrangler Unlimited is due at your dealer soon and isn't a prototype. The wheelbase is 103.4", has only 2-doors AND a removeable top. Some might say that it's closer to the old CJ-6 with the squared off tail, but the 6 and the Jeepster/Commando shared the same wheelbase. I haven't found anyone who could say that they didn't share the same chassis. They use the same body mounts.

G

·
I would love to have that in my driveway. I bet that if they do put it into production I would have to sell several body parts to afford it. Might be worth it hmmmmmmm...

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just saw this at Barrett Jackson tonight, its sponsered by Chrysler (they had historical display posters of jeeps up and one of them had a 67 jeepster in it). Very nice. Very big. It's got a winch in the back also. The hump in the middle of the dash that you can see in the windshield houses a 13-14" screen for what I heard was for 3D GPS viewing. There's also a rear view camera integrated with the third brake light in the rear window. I couldnt get to close because the thing was bordered of by tubing all around the perimiter of it but I did manage to reach over and open one of the doors. The fabric has a dimond plate patern and the front seats have coil over shocks under them. Theres also sun roofs in the front and rear. Underneath was hard to see but I did notice two long air tanks tucked up to the left of the rear drive shaft. The axles looked pretty beefy too. Lots of bells and whistles but still looks off road capable. If it ever went on the market it would be pricy but if people are willing to piss money away on an H2 than they at least can get something a bit smaller and alot more useful.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
some of the "dream" specs for this vehicle back when it was just a drawing had the 5.9l I6 cummins turbo diesel in it. Anyone seen the 2005 liberty front end update yet? its supposed to be more jeep-like

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.