Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
yea that is cool.

Thats the whole reason why I bought my jeep.
The color "Patriot Blue" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/usflag.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/usflag.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/usflag.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/RockOn.gif

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Jeep Patriotism

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one...

Though the picture's cool (I saved it), I don't find Jeep patriotic in any sense of the word as it's owned by a German firm. Those Krauts wouldn't lift a finger to help the United States unless there was a buck in it for 'em.

Patriotic... my foot!

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i meant "Jeep" as being the individual vehicle and the embodiment of the owners attitude, Larry....not some huge overseas corporation...couldnt care less about them

im thinking that project is run by good patriotic Americans...and DMC corporate offices prolly dont have much involvement other than writing checks...though im thinking they dont mind the publicity

but the point of the post was that its a cool picture /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
i meant "Jeep" as being the individual vehicle and the embodiment of the owners attitude, Larry....not some huge overseas corporation...couldnt care less about them

im thinking that project is run by good patriotic Americans...and DMC corporate offices prolly dont have much involvement other than writing checks...though im thinking they dont mind the publicity

but the point of the post was that its a cool picture /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Understanding your point Greg - I cannot think of a more American vehicle than 'JEEP' (hardy, rugged, pioneering, persevering, self-sufficient, etc...) But, I gotta agree w/ Larry - DMC is in this program for the profit to be had, not b/c of any pro-Ammerican spirit on their part.

Was this in conjunction w/ Camp Jeep? That's going on this week, right?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Camp Jeep is going on this week in the Pocono's in Pennsylvania. I didn't make it this year (finances got in my way), but a group from Hi-Lift is there. I'm anxious to see some of the pictures this year. And I like the photo Greg posted, even though DC is German. The Jeep itself, not the company, is THE patriotic vehicle of our time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.