Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '97 Jeep TJ. I bought it with a 3 inch body lift and 33-12.50 BFG All Terrain tires. I want to install 36 inch swampers on my Jeep. Should I get a suspension lift and use it with the body lift, or should I scrap the body lift and install a larger suspension lift? Does anyone know how much lift is needed to fit a 36 inch tire under a TJ? Also, anyone recomend a particular lift for the Jeep? I mostly encounter mud where I go off-road, but I also visit a few places where some axle articulation is needed. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan

99Tahoe_Dan

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Keep the body lift and put on an additional 3-4" suspension. 36's will probably still rub the inner wheel wells under full articulation
and will rub on sharp turns, but it will look good and move some mud! You'll need some gears though, 4.11's / 4.56's

Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp, 3" body, 33's, 283 Chevy V8, TH350, 4.11's, D30, D35c

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. That guy Harry has an awesome Jeep. My plans include a lift, stronger axles, 4.56 gears for 36 inch tires, and the tailshaft conversion kit. Thanks for the info, now I have to come up with the money to pay for it all.

Thanks,
Dan

99Tahoe_Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.