Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 67cj jeep leans on the rear drivers side, I have replace all springs and shocks. It leans from 1" to 3", when i push on the side it leans on to straighten it, it will hold level until someone gets in and out of the drivers side then its holds its lean. It sounds like a spring is sticking, but i have checked to make sure that the shackles are lose to see if it would spring back into place. Im stumped any help would be a welcome.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Do you have anything in the Jeep that would change the center of gravity? An off-centered fuel tank or tranny or engine? Has it been in an accident ot hit something off-road that could bend the shackles? The solid mount on the jeep could be bent too (the non shackle end). check it out closely and write back. The other thing you could do is swap the springs from the driver's side to the passenger side and vice-versa. If you look at the Jeep from the front are the springs parallel to the gound? If not, loosen the U-bolts with no weight on the springs, set the Jeep down wo that they have most of the normal weight on them and they should be parallel then. If they are tighten them and see what happens. Good luck,
Nick Hagen

Nick Hagen
1995 Wrangler
33" Mud Tires and a four banger

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Had a '76 cj-7 that did that, ended up putting one add-a-leaf in. Mine was always leaning though. Are the plastic spacers in the
leaf springs in good shape, sounds like sticky springs?

big ed

·
Registered
325 Posts
I had a 75 CJ5 that did the same...what i found out then was that it is not uncommon for an older(relative term) jeep to lean on the drivers side after years of the jeep having all the weight on one side. So, guess I am telling you this is pretty normal...add a leaf will fix the problem.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
JK
78CJ5 258

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you know my jeep leans exactly the same way, I think i'm going to put a suspension kit on it and that should fix it. Thats what I think anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.