Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeep leans & shackles don\'t look right

Since I put 4" BDS lift on my CJ, I've noticed it leans to the drivers side. I haven't owned it long nor driven it much; just been working on it since last October trying to get it on the road. I can't say for sure that it didn't lean before I did the lift, but I also don't think I wouldn't have noticed it.

How should the shackles hang? (Confer 3/8") I noticed the drivers rear hangs straight up and down while the passenger rear is canted forward. On the front it looks opposite, with the passenger side shackle up and down and the drivers' slightly canted.Something has to wrong in the springs, right? I purchased the fronts, installed and had to wait a couple of weeks to get and install the rear, so I don't think one could be mismatched.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Max

82 CJ7, 258, T-18, 4" bigger & size 33 shoes

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Re: Jeep leans & shackles don\'t look right

/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif First, get a real good tape measure. Then get your sweetheart to give you a hand, and WITHOUT yelling at her, carefully measure the wheelbase on each side. That will give you a place to begin. Next, measure from the front bumper to each front hangar(not shackle). Then measure hangar to hangar front to rear. Then, measure in an "X" pattern to a spot on the tire which is the same both sides.....like 6" off the deck at the edge of the tread or some such thing. The "
X" measurement will tell you if you've "Zeed" the frame by pulling one front bumper hook too much. All of these measurements will serve to acquaint you with the intricacies of your Jeep, and will reveal it's deepest frame-borne secrets. I suggest doing something in "reparation" for the assistance that you get from GF, wife, etc. If it's a guy, don't bother./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif And one more thing....don't forget that NPSH decreases with altitude, as does the vapor pressure of water. You can sometimes overcome it by the use of a low-NPSH impeller in the first stage. However, going down in RPM is even better if space and cost will allow. When you employ a suction side reducer, it is best to not exceed 6 degrees of taper to stay in laminar flow/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

G

·

Ok, you MOONGUYS....now un-tie Dave from the rafters and let him erase the last part of that post. Prolonged exposure to elevated altitudes could lower his boiling point!

Grant
60 CJ5
80 CJ5

·
Official Historian
8,275 Posts

na, just let it go to turbulent flow.

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner/Pro-jection 2D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.