Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif TEX....the more time I spend under our recently-purchased '80 GM 3/4T the more amazed I am at what good shape it's in for just 3K....truly a "sleeper" if ever there was one. The "fresh' Goodwrench 350 holds perfect oil pressure and is clean inside and out. The speedo isn't working but the tach is, and I suspect it is standing on 3.42's front and back. If so, that's good, I like tall gearing with the 4-speed. I got the clutch to be somewhat "better" so it will be OK till I drop out the boxes later on. We have a radiator ordered and it gets a PS pump next week. Later on it will be bearings, seals and synchros for the 465 and the 205 and we will be set for another 100 thousand miles. I'm glad I discussed this unit with you because your reply really got us cranked up and in a buying mode./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gifI still look in amazement at that one-piece driveline with the slip yolk at the t-case. Does the term "Mick-E-Mouse" bring anything to mind?/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif I know this sounds wierd, but we have just about run out of stuff to buy for the CJ. We DO need a set of wheels, however, for the winter tires. We are looking to put some 235 85R 16 Coopers on it in the discoverer pattern. Our summer tires & wheels are, well.......W-I-D-E...and will not work in snow. We can use the altenate set of T&W's under the future Jeep trailer, so which ever wheels the CJ isn't standing on at that moment, we use on the trailer. Actually, the '80 3/4T has a fresh set of Also-tires in 235 85R 16 on it now. Not the discoverer pattern of course but the right size for the CJ. They are not really rated for enough weight for a truck like that, so they may end up on the CJ. Decisions, Decisions,/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.