Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm driving through West Virginia today and my CJ is sputtering sometimes uphill. Soon, the sputtering is consitant and I hear noises coming from carb (I think). Not to much longer and its backfiring regularly and won't go over 40 uphill. I got it towed and now I sit in my hotel room waiting for Monday cause West Virginia doesn't work on sunday. Anyone have a clue?
I also noticed some fluid leaking from the rear axle around the ubolts on the drivers side. The fluid was watery brown and smelled like gear oil. Don't think this is related, but it could be.

So, hope someone has a clue, in case the mechanics don't. One of the tow truck guys backed into my Jeep and pushed in the left front fender. He yanks it back out and goes, "sorry bout that buddy, its all fixed now, I pulled it out." Okay pal, paints fubared and the left marker light is cracked. I told him I'd talk to his boss the next day. Looks like I'm getting some work done for free tomorrow.

Sean

· Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, thanks everyone for the help. I finaly made it home.
Two of the plugs were bad. I looked at them after the mechanic pulled them it was the number 2 and 3 cylinders that were bad. He changed the fuel filter and cap and rotor and plug wires for me. He said it could be a bad head that caused the two plugs to go bad. What exactly does this mean?

Once I got going and got a tankfull of premium she drove great. He also suggested getting the carb rebuilt. How difficult is this to do?
I don't know what I wouold do without the knowledge and experience on this board. Thank you so much.

Sean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.