Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe a crazy idea..... but as Im sitting here having a drink of rye/ginger befor I go to bed..... all kinds of guys put chev 350's in there jeeps, but what about a jeep body on a short-box chev? I currently own a 1980 chev step-side, but would like to own a jeep, I already have the chev built the way I want, 35in Laredo's, 5in black diamond warn lift, 3in body lift, dana44 front, corporation 12bolt rear, standard tranmission, np205 t. case. Any suggestions? input? or ideas? If anyone would have a pic of a set-up like this, or know where to get a pic, would realy appreciate it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I saw recently on the cover of some off-road magazine a truck that was a jeep body that was shortened. The section from behind the door to the cab corner was removed. So the cab corner was right behind the door. Then the guy made a bed to go behind the cab. You could do this or keep the jeep body intact and weld up your tailgate and put a little bed behind the cab.

87 wrangler

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
I don't know about this but I've been trying for 1 1/2 years to buy a covair on an old scout chassie w/ 38's./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
Being different is cool , right?/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

85'CJ7 258 4" runnin33's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aside from being able to take the top off & say, "I have a Jeep", I think you'd be losing the best part of the Chevy - namely a weather-tight cab with heat (& probably A/C) that works. And if you ever decided to take it to a competition event, they wouldn't have a class for you - don't know how important that is to you, but EVERYONE with a big truck or Jeep races at least once in awhile in my area.

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 1978 Chevy truck Short Bed with a wood bed and beat up cab, but it's to big.....so is it possible to put a Cj7 body on it.......or better to just make it into a go cart.
I hate the cab.

·
Sawzall Poster Boy
626 Posts
I have a buddy with a yj body on a blazer frame. I think there's a differance between a blazer/ burb and pickup frame. There's a guy up here that's built a couple, he shortens the frames, runs chevy motor/trans/t-case/axles/springs, jeep body/ radiator/ gas tank/ mix of wiring.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
holy crud......i think this is the oldest post esver to be resurrected!
as for the question......anything is possible if you want to put the effort in
Dec 1969!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nearly 40 years .... oh that's the join date??? Post is only 7 years old?

I helped put a Ford LTD station wagon on a 4x4 truck frame & running gear many years ago.
Lots of work and a rear pain ............. I don't recommend it. Better ways to go.

·
Registered
177 Posts
What is up with **DoNotDelete**? I was searching for other info and it seems like he took many ids and even took a post of mine added some info and claimed it as his own. I think all of donotdelete posts should be purged because they aren't very helpful and he seems like a tool.

As for the question, it would be lots of work with many headaches and you will most likely be disappointed after all the work is done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.