Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've the opportunity to swap a new motor & gearbox in my 82' SJ410 (the motor has been broken for 5 mounth.)

I can choose for the same price beetween a 3.5L V8 from a range rover, known for his lightweight. and with a 4.0L from a jeep cherokee xj. I think that the jeep motor is not a divorced Tcase, so I will have to swap the tcase too. I don't know about the weight, and if I have enough place to install it. Does anybody have try this before or could help me?

·
Registered
559 Posts
You have enough room in the back seat for these motors, may have to upgrade your rear suspension!

Early 87 Zuk, Calmini headers, 2" Calmini reverse lift, Calmini 2" Exhaust system, Kayline Full Doors,Steel Horse Seats, 30x9.5 Roadmaster rubber, Doetsh shocks & stabilizer, soon a Pony & GRS-1

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
the 4.0 is tooo big, i would measure the rover motor n tranny to see how much larger it is compared to a zuk motor n tranny. not sure on the rover motors personally. if close, i say go for it.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!

G

·
I've got the Rover V8 in Rhinosaurus - it's tight.
You'll need to use the Buick water pump
You'll just about fit a big oil cooler behind the grill but the rad will have to go elsewhere
Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.