Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I was looking thorough the jcwhitney website and seen thier bodys. Now I have heard some awful things about jcwhitney, mainly thier quality. But I wondered who made thier fiberglass bodys? Possibly 4wd hardware? My other option is welding in patch panels, I seen they have them, Does anybody else know who has them that are good quality and reasonably priced? (I know quadratec has them).
My other question is I'm going to fabricate some stuff, the big thing is a tire carrier, shackles and possibley a skid plate. Has anybody seen a sight that has some dimensions or materials used? It has to be able to hold a gas can. I've seen some postings about building steering braces and rear cross members that were awesome. ken
[email protected]

78cj
95yj

·
Official Curmudgeon
5,207 Posts
I've bought some real nice stuff from J.C.Whitney, tops, fiberglass half doors, stainless parts, and a lot of
other stuff. I've bought some real junk from Whitney too but they took it all back with no problems, they
had UPS pick it up no charge and made the refunds to my credit card. The fiberglass body falls into the
junk that was returned class, I think it is Shell Valley, it was real bad. I eventually bought from AJ's, a
real nice tub and one piece front end.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering how thier bodys were. I have had several people email, and most of them have had good luck with them. I think I'm going to order a catalog, thanks ken

95yj
78cj

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.