Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished reading the off-road.com November article on the install of a Jacobs igniton Ultra team system into a Suburban. I've been looking at installing this setup in my '88 Pathfinder but I have an expensive stereo setup (amps, crossovers, subs, etc.) that concentrates on sound quality. I've often heard that performance ignition systems can cause distortion and sound interference in the stereo system. They seemed pleased with the performance gains of the system but made no mention of whether it affected the stereo sound at all. Anybody out there had any experience with this?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I get ignition static on distant FM reception I didn't have before I installed the ultrateam with torquer coil substituted. For stereo tape play I don't notice any effects but your system sounds more upscale than mine. I wish the static wasn't there but I'll live with it for the performance gains.

720s Forever

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have only heard mediocre thing about Jacobs stuff even if it does not hurt your stereo. Spend your money elsewhere first, i.e. header, exhaust, intake. Nissan ignition systems are more than sufficient unless you install a turbo or something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts