Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I\'ve found a use for the Sierra Club

If you go to their web site http://www.sierraclub.org/wilderness/roadless.asp
they have a customizable email to the forest service. By making just a few changes, this makes sending in our opinion even easier. I'd encourage everyone to take the 2-3 minutes it takes to do this.
Remember, the trail you save could be your own!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: I\'ve found a use for the Sierra Club

It's amazing how you made an oxymoron make sense...Sierra Club and useful...who would have thought.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

· Registered
808 Posts

Some how I have have been placed on a Sierra Club mailing list that seeks donations. I found a use for the materials they send me. I return them an empty letter in the self addressed envelopes they include in the solicitation. I figure that postage is one less nickel they can spend closing my trails.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Ok, it was easy, I copied the note I sent
and bookmarked the page, they are calling
it "Electronic Activism", I figure it'll take
less than a minute to sent the note each day.
Good heads up FNG.
Gary '78

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

If anyone wants to help put a letter together, I can add a form to www.jeepeast.com that will send a customized letter. It would be much easier than everyone changing the Sierra Club letter.

Mark
JeepEast.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I urge everyone to take this easy opportunity, I just did. You can get further gratification (for what it's worth) by then using the
Sierra Club's site to send them an e-mail thanking them for giving us such a nice letter we can use (along with any other barbs you
are inclined to throw in). /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

· Registered
969 Posts
Re: I\'ve found a use for the Sierra Club - Oh God, PLEASE DON\"T DO IT!!!

People, please do not use this to send notes. This has been discussed extensively on the LUN list. These types of messages show up as support FOR the Sierra club REGARDLESS of the text included. It only shows up as being FROM the Sierra Club. This HELPS the Sierra Club as it adds numbers to their tallies of messages sent through thier site.

Again, please do not do this!

Go to the Blue Ribbon Coalition site http://www.sharetrails.org, they have just added a similar way to contact the right people through the RIGHT channels!!! Do your part, just don't do it through the Sierra Club site!!!

I will reply back later tonight with the specific link to access the online form - stay tuned...

David
Davids 4x4 Page

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: I\'ve found a use for the Sierra Club - Oh God, PLEASE DON\"T DO IT!!!

Thanks for the info! Now, how do I get my e-mail back!/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.