Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It\'s my Willys!

Hey, how's everybody doin? Well here's my Willys...
I just bough my Delivery on Sat. the 26 of Feb 2000, for 3500 dollars. My delivery is a mix between a '57 Wagon 4x4 (frame and body) and a '49 Delivery (delivery back). The front of the frame was extended by 7 inches to fit a Warn hydraulic winch. The stock engine has been replaced with a '78 Camero 350 w/ an Edelbrock manifold sittin under a QuadraJet carb, connected to a TH 350. Transferring the power to the axles is an NP 205. The Radiator is from a '65 Impalla. Interior wise the gauges have been replaced, and will be replaced and rearranged again when I get done. The steering column is from an early model Cadillac, it has tilt and also it can be moved back and forth. The Interior has been partially redone; w/ "new" seats, fully carpeted. It has power brakes (from an '84 Dodge), power steering and power wipers. It's bright red w/ a black, grey, and blue interior. I love it, and I can't wait to do a lot more to it.

This pic is a front and side view on a gorgeous Sunday evening in Washington, been rainin all day, and again since 7 or so...

Peter Lombardi
'89 YJ 4.5in. RE Ext. Duty
'57/49 Willys Wagon Delivery 4x4 350

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: It\'s my Willys!

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gifWay/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Way/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Way/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gifcool/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

Is the inside walls and inside top done. If so how about soom pic's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks guys, I like it.... /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Peter Lombardi

·
Registered
1,391 Posts

Too Cool! The first time I saw one of those was out cutting wood with some old farmer, he used it on the farm, hauled wood, etc.. -totally stock, would go absolutely anywhere! But it was abused and left to rust.... Yours is way cool!

Keep on Jeepin'
Scott

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Why can't I find one for 3500 in that kind of condition?/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif Too /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

Another Jeepgeek!
Jon YJ94

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

You want to know the sad thing Jon, this was my first try at finding one!!!! /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Peter Lombardi

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Does anybody have any ideas on ugradeing the brakes, it takes full compression for 10 or 15 feet to stop, /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif lol.... and thanks again for all of your complements, it makes me feel good that I made out moneywise /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif ....

Peter Lombardi

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Nice Willys! I've always liked them too. My friend has a wagon he's re-building. I have an old Willys pickup cab out back for a future project. My CJ-2A brakes leave a little to be desired too. /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
'84 K20 driver
'79 K10 mud racer
'48 CJ-2A trail Jeep

·
Registered
7,289 Posts

Not to give you TOO much of a big head but............../wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
Anybody here will give you what you paid for that./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
GREAT BUY MAN.....TOO COOL

I knew everything when I was 16......How come I'm so stupid now?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.