Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It\'s how you ride...

After a great year of snowmobiling I noticed that a brand new 700 or 800 doesn't make a difference than a "puny" 1990 arctic cat 530 UNLESS you know how to ride. I watched one of my sledding buddies blow a good 7000 on a new 800 polaris rmk. Now I new that he wouldn't be able to ride the sled half as good as I could ride my 530. While highmarking and racing trails I still ended up doing better than him. (and more than 3/4 the guys w/us.) He would always wonder why I would ride better than him. I told him you have to know how to ride your sled. My advice to most of you guys out there is to know how to ride your sled before you spend a chunk of your income on one. Because I've seen so many guys w/new sleds but they can't ride worth crap. It's kinda funny in a way

Crack the throttle and hold on

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: It\'s how you ride...

yup some people just dont get this idea!
ive highmarked all sorts of guys ridin 'elite' machines on my summit 600
just look at all those sno pro's that make it over jackson hole, and the MASSES of mods that don't

You wear your silver chain but the cross won't stop the lies,you believe in nothing
Kenton Thomas,Portal

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: It\'s how you ride...

I know where you are coming from! I used to ride a 95' ZR 580 back in 97' and I could ride with my friends on bigger and better machines. I did have a 1.4 track on it. Needless to say I rode the crap out of that sled, it had duct tape holding it together, pop ribits, and glue. My friends used to laugh at it, my thought was I'm still riding it and I go every where you do. That sled ended up blowing up so now it's time to buy a new sled. I bought a 98' Summit X when I got that I blew all my friends away!! I used to sit at the bottom of the hill and watch people climb and think there nuts, now I'm one of them! Well then my friends started to get pissed so they all went out and bought RMK's 800. Nice sled I must say. Well my wife was in need of a new sled so I gave her my X and I snow checked a High Mark 700 ( the first year ) and I love this sled!!! You don't need all that power to get to the top, infact my X has more HP than my High Mark. The sled just feels right if that sounds right. I'm not saying Ski-Doo is better because they are all great sleds. It all depends on how you ride. Now my friends are wanting to go out and but 1000 MT Cats. I'm not saying that I could walk away from the 800, I could hang with it on the hill climbs, and walk away from it in the powder!!!!!!!

Top Dawg!! Only the Big Dawgs Bark!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.