Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Chevy conversion radiator for my Wrangler. Has anyone installed this before? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifAre there any issues to resolve or is it a straight bolt and go? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I just did the same. its bolts right up. only thing im working on are uper and lower hoses.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Yup, I have done the same conversion, The rad bolted righ up with almost no problems.
I did have to grind about a .75" notch in the mounting bracket that came with the rad to clear the steering box. The reason is becasue I don't have any body lift. It was very easy.
I used some flex hose to hook up my water pump. Flex hose when dealing with motor swaps is real handy.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I bought a Chevy conversion radiator for my Wrangler.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you coming to pick it up ???? We are running out of room here. Too bad YOUR buddy didn't need the tires... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif
seeya...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

Ricky I am coming today. I took the old one out last night.
Is there a storage fee?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks.

Is there a storage fee?

[/ QUOTE ]

YES....
Maybe a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif or /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif

seeya...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Radiator went in easier and fit better than the old one.
I am trying to find the hoses. I thought that if I got the Chev hoses for a truck that the hoses would line right up, but that's not the case.
What did you guys use?
Is flex hose my only option ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I cut out a cardboard replica and then went into Advance Auto and dug through their hose collection until I found one that is close.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the flex hoses. They worked out really good. It took 3 trips to the parts store to get the exact fit. A 16 inch for the top and a 13 inch for the bottom. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts