Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is an Islander YJ? Is it simply a decal, or does it include something special?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
From what I could tell when I was looking at used YJ's, the "Islanders" I saw were ALL soft top/hard half door/soft upper doors, and the sunset decals on the side. Nothing else special about them, just a trim package.

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo,It's Orange! Now I just have to put it all back together.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm quite sure that the islander was just a special model YJ like the renegade without the fancy body work. As for details other than the stickers, I'm not quite sure. I don't think they were many though. Probably a marketing scheme to sell a few more YJ's.

·
Registered
425 Posts
My friend had one, and it did come with a soft top and half dorrs. I think the only difference was the stickers. Maybe color???? they did offer that ***** baby blue, yellow, and red.

'84 CJ-7, 4.2, 3.5" Lift, 31's, YJ tub, TR upgrade, Moser 1 piece, LED's.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
The "Islander" was a trim package that started in the 1989 model year. The package consisted of pin striping and fancy rims, that's it.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of my buddies has a 91 Islander and it has no AC. It's really just a decal package to make it a little fancier than the bare bones model.

'88 Sahara, 4.2, auto, 4.0 head swap (finally), no trac bars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.