Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No!!!! The tubes at the top and bottom (this is the tube from your "what hooks up here" post) are for coolant to flow through from the heater hoses. This is something that you can leave unhooked if you want. All they do is heat the throttle-body so you get better cold weather starts. If you want to hook them up though there should be a 3-way tee off of one of the heater hoses and then there is a place on the intake manifold for the other end to hook to this is real close to where the heater hose goes to the intake. I beleive you use a 1/4 inch hose. I have left mine disconnected and my truck runs great others have left it off too with similar results. Hope this helps and Good Luck,

·
Registered
398 Posts
I would'nt hook them up.That .30 piece of hose blew out and overheated my motor.One less thing to worry about.You will loose a little in cold starts,but with EFI it's not a big deal.You will see a small increase in HP as the air charge will be cooler.

Billy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK now it looks right. Thanks. I do have a camera but only got it a couple weeks ago after i started this summer project. I have a question, maybe you can help. On the side of the engine that the wiring harness goes to the four plugs h, halfway there, there is a wire that comes out of the harness. What does it hook to?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
How does it heat the TB for cold starts? The coolant will be cold when you start the thing. Now I would agree that it will warm up the TB once it is running, but that brings another point up. Why do we need this? We work so hard to cool down our in coming air. Does this in effect cancel our work?

BTW if he leaves this as is he is doing the same as not connecting it to anything. The lower coolant line is off.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
i wondered the same thing last night as i fell asleep... the coolant will be COLD when you first start it up! i believe it has to do with 'icing' of the throttle blades while driving in really cold climates, but that is a tiny blip in my brain and i dont know if that's the idea or not. mine is hooked up but i think the well water pretty much corroded it shut... i also had a pin leak there in a tight bend and it was hard to spot, so it might not be a bad idea to bypass it if you live below the mason dixon line

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Re: Engineer\'s Help

FINALLY, I FOUND IT! Damn, after 20 futile minutes of searching the bronco forum, i tried the truck forum and bingo, i found the year-and-a-half old thread on throttle icing and TB heating:
here it is

we are right

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Huh

The driver side. The harnes with the plugs that goes to the area with the air cleaner. Halfway ther there is a lead that comes out of the harnes and i cant seem to figure out where it goes. Sorry for the delay on the comeback but i only get a day or two a week to work on the truck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts