Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for a good jeep, that i feel is capable of handling what i want it for, been looking for over a year, and this is what ive found and i'm curious if others feel its a good set-up.

88 YJ, 33's, rebuilt 360(1000kms on it), rebuilt 350 turbo tranny(1000km), 4" skyjacker, 1" body, all this was built frame up by a 4wd shop, as well the interior was all redone with new carpeting and seats and such, the jeep has 124,000 original kms.

Now this will see mostly street use, but i want to get out on the trails hopefully 2 times a month on moderate trails. Would this set-up be sufficeint? if not what would make it better?

Any info appreciated!! thanks!!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Sounds cool to me. I guess they have a bell housing adapter on the TH350 to mate it to the AMC360? Nice combo. Lift looks good too, may be able to clear 35's if you want to? Over all, sounds like my jeep. It has 130000 MILES on it and about 12000 MILES on the chevy. I have 3" of body lift though , and the susp lift, will be backing off some of the body lift when I get a chance though.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,33's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c

·
Registered
573 Posts
You didn't describe any mods or swaps with the axles. If they're stock, those will be the weak links. For street use they'll be fine, and as long as the trails stay "moderate" you should be OK. Once your confidence in the jeep goes up and you start taking on trails with more challenge, you'll want to upgrade the axles. With the V8 and the big tires, you can exert alot of torque; if you're in a situation where you really nail it you'll break.

G

·
might want a locker in the back too.. makes trails soooo much easier
BJ

"If you chose not to decide, you still have made a Choice" RUSH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts