Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '88 YJ is SOA using Trailmaster 3" lift leaf springs. The ride is too stiff so I was looking for some stock YJ springs to use instead. Some guy told me he would trade his stock springs for my lifted ones + the Rancho 5000 shocks that were on my Jeep when it had the 3" SUA lift. I was hoping to sell my lifted springs to offset the cost of buying used stock springs, but this won't happen if I trade them. Is this a fair trade or should I ask for some ca$h too?

To recap: he wants 3" TM springs + RS5000 shocks in exchange for stock 1992 YJ springs.

-Dorian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you went for that deal, i think you'd be getting the shaft. Maybe not if you just tradeed sprinds, but RS5000s are good shocks, and i wouldnt let them go for free. A Lot of guys on here with lifted YJs will nearly give them away to a needy cause. i wouldnt trade that trade.

mike

Give me Jeep or Give me Death!!!

(Will trade functioning organs for CJ-7 or flatfender)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Is this a fair trade? Lift springs for stock o

OK, do you know of somebody who can help me out? I can't find stock YJ springs for anything less than a rip-off at any wrecking yard, nor in the classifieds, or even on eBay.

-Dorian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would think springs for springs would be perfectly reasonable. Your nuts if you let the shocks go, too.

You didn't tell us what the yards are asking for them in your area. I can find out up this way what they're going for.

·
Registered
7,901 Posts

Well, it just so happens I have some stock YJ springs I'd be willing to trade even, and you can keep the shocks, take your pick from the list below.

I have 1 pair of 4 leaf, 2 pairs of 5 leaf, and 1 pair of 6 leaf. I even have some front CJ springs that are 2" wide but the same length. All the springs are in great shape, check them out at http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads//showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=offroadsuzuki&Number=450354&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5.

I even posted the spring rates, weights, and heights, so you can judge for yourself which ones to get.

I was trying to sell them originally to the Zuki crowd for swaps, but got no takers. That's fine as they're in great shape and I have a few Jeeps and Zuki's I can use them on.

I'd like to trade for the 3" springs as I'm staying SUA on the Zuki but want to do the YJ conversion, most people go SOA with the stock YJ springs. SOA's on stock Zuki components are illegal in Maine (can't go SOA with SUA axles from the factory...STUPID law), so I have to stay SUA. Needless to say, the 32" Swampers won't fit well with stock YJ and SUA, I think the 3" would be perfect.

I know we're a whole US apart, but maybe we can also find someplace that will ship them cheap, I'm not looking for them in any hurry. If they are the only ones on your jeep, I can ship mine and then you can ship yours when mine arrive. I'll trust you to do that since you've been on this board for awhile.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

You won't have any lift other than the SOA...the stiffness is what gives you the lift.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Matt M38A1,

The best price I've found at a yard up here is $65 ea, and I just don't want to put $260 into some used springs. Other yards are charging $75-$90 ea and those guys don't even have full sets.

-Dorian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Hey JEEPN,

I appreciate that offer and if you and I lived closer, I'd take you up on it, but freight charges will be the killer of this deal. Thanks though.

-Dorian

·
Registered
7,901 Posts

My father-in-law is a long haul truckdriver, he goes from Maine to the west caost twice a month. That would at least put them in your neck of the woods, want me to see if I can set something up?

Where are you located?

He'll be back in state next weekend, and I can see if he runs out to WA at all, and if so, where. Not sure if it can be done, but it's gotta be a lot better than the $82 UPS wants one way.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Hey Jeepn I would be interested in the CJ fronts. How much you want for em'? I want them for the back of my Sami.

·
Registered
7,901 Posts

This is a riot. I can't sell anything on the Zuki BBS, but can sell Zuk stuff on the Jeep BBS.

How does $75 sound, if I decide to sell them? Since your profile isn't filled out, I don't know where you are to figure out what shipping might be.

I may use the CJ's in the front and YJ's in the rear, I haven't decided yet, but will by the end of the weekend.

Your profile also helps us answer questions and gives us more of a "family" feel. Welcome to the BBS, it's a great place with a lot of great people and a boatload of knowledge. Feel free to ask anything, and you won't get any flak for what you drive (unless it's a Liberty!) or what condition it presently sits.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.